Running an alpaca farm here in North Carolina is rewarding, deeply satisfying work – made even more so when you have a friend helping to guide you through all the tough decisions and bumps along the way. We here at Rita Dee Farms would love to help you on that journey. Some of the things we are noted experts on:
- Alpaca Herd Health: From shots, to shearing, to toe nail trimming we can help you learn the ropes.
- Fiber marketing: We can help you locate markets, co-ops and fiber mills to help turn your alpaca’s fleece into final products.
- General Farm Operations: Did you know many feed suppliers will deliver? Did you know that not all large animal veterinarians understand alpacas and other camelids? From vendor/partner selection, to pasture design and rotation; to transporting animals we can help you set up your farm operations.
- Fence and barn building. Did you know driving your fence posts is more more efficient in our North Carolina soils and results in more more sturdy posts than digging holes? Did you know your barn shouldn’t have stalls? There is a whole world of great ideas, short-cuts, and must-knows that we can help with when building and maintaining your barns and fences.
- Haymaking: We’ve written the book! Check out the book we’ve written; Small Scale Hay-making at Amazon.
- General Equipment maintenance and repair: While you are there check out one of our other titles on tractor engine rebuilding.
- Sawmill Operations: We can bring our portable sawmill to your site to saw your logs into usable barn and fence lumber.
In short – we would love to help make you a success; blessed with a farm filled with healthy, happy and safe alpacas. Our pricing is often by the project- occasionally by the hour. We are always reasonable and our assistance is sure to repay itself many times over. Give us a call using our contact info below. We look forward to discussing your !